CS seamless pipe is a long steel pipe with hollow section and no joints around it; it is widely used in oil transportation, natural gas, gas, water and the transportation of certain solid materials. Compared with other steel pipes, the cs seamless pipe has a strong advantage in bending resistance; and the weight of the cs seamless pipe is relatively light, which is a very economical section steel.
Advantages of seamless steel pipes:
1. The seamless steel pipe is light in weight, only 1/5 of the square steel , so it has good light weight performance.
2. Corrosion resistance of seamless steel pipes: acid, alkali, salt and atmospheric environment, corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance, impact resistance, fatigue resistance, no need for regular maintenance, and a service life of more than 15 years;
3. The tensile strength of seamless steel pipe is 8-10 times higher than that of ordinary steel, and its elastic modulus is better than that of steel, with excellent creep resistance, corrosion resistance and impact resistance;
4. Seamless steel pipe has excellent mechanical properties and easy processing;
5. The seamless steel pipe has high elasticity, is used for mechanical equipment, has no memory, no deformation, and anti-static.
Disadvantages of seamless steel pipes:
In recent years, seamless pipes have been widely used in various industries. The market demand is too large, and there are more and more enterprises producing seamless pipes, and the product quality is even more uneven. How to judge the quality of seamless pipe?
1. We must know that the wall thickness of high-quality seamless steel will be particularly thick, because the thicker the wall thickness of the product, the more economical and practical it is. If the wall thickness is thinner, its processing cost will increase greatly. The presence of resources increases resource costs.
2. The seamless steel process also determines its limitations. Ordinary seamless steel has low precision, uneven wall thickness, low brightness inside and outside the tube, high cost of fixed length, pitting and black spots inside and outside. Removal is not easy;
3. Its detection and shaping must be processed offline. Therefore, it embodies its superiority in high-pressure, high-strength, mechanical structural materials.
Seamless carbon steel pipe is a steel pipe made of a single piece of metal with no joints on the surface. It is made of a steel ingot or a solid tube blank through perforation to form a capillary tube, and then hot-rolled, cold-rolled or cold-drawn. The characteristics of seamless steel pipes are different from other steel pipes. They are strong in corrosion resistance, strong and durable, suitable for different purposes, and have strong applicability in the construction process. They are not restricted by natural conditions during the installation process. The details are as follows:
1. Excellent wear resistance
The thickness of the wear-resistant layer of the seamless pipe is 3-12mm, and the hardness of the wear-resistant layer can reach HRC58-62. The grinding performance is more than 2-5 times, and the wear resistance is much higher than that of spray welding and thermal spraying.
2. Excellent impact performance
The seamless steel pipe is a double-layer metal structure. The wear-resistant layer and the base material are metallurgically bonded. The bonding strength is high. It can absorb energy during the impact process. The wear-resistant layer will not fall off and can be used in vibration and impact Under strong working conditions, this is beyond the reach of cast wear-resistant materials and ceramic materials.
3. Excellent temperature resistance
The seamless steel pipe alloy carbide has strong stability at high temperature, and the wear-resistant steel plate can be used within 500°C.The temperature of other special requirements can be customized and produced, which can meet the use under the condition of 1200°C; the wear-resistant materials such as ceramics, polyurethane, and molecular materials cannot meet such high temperature requirements by pasting.
4. Excellent connection performance
The base material of the seamless steel pipe is a general Q235 steel plate, which ensures that the wear-resistant steel plate has resistance and plasticity.
It provides strength against external force, and can be connected with other structures by welding, plug welding, bolt connection and other methods. The connection is firm and not easy to fall off. There are more connection methods than other materials.
5. Excellent processing performance
Seamless steel pipes can be processed into different standard sizes according to requirements, and can be processed, cold-formed, welded, bent, etc., which are convenient to use; they can be tailor-welded on site, making repair and replacement work time-saving and convenient, and greatly reducing work intensity.
6. High cost performance
The price of seamless steel pipe is slightly higher than that of general steel, but considering the service life of the product, as well as repair costs, spare parts costs, etc., its performance-price ratio is much higher than that of general steel plates and other steel products.
Go here to learn more about " Mechanical Properties of Seamless Steel Tubes "
Yield strength is an important concept in the field of seamless carbon steel pipe mechanics. It is the stress value of seamless steel pipe when the ductile material yields. When the seamless steel pipe will deform under the action of force, the deformation at this time can be divided into two ways: plastic deformation and elastic deformation.
1. Plastic deformation will not disappear when the external force disappears, and the seamless steel pipe will undergo permanent deformation.
2. Elastic deformation means that under the condition of external force, when the external force disappears, the deformation will also disappear.
The yield strength is also the stress value of the seamless carbon steel pipe when it begins to undergo plastic deformation, but because the brittle material does not undergo obvious plastic deformation when it is stretched by an external force, only the ductile material has the yield strength.
Here, the yield strength of seamless carbon steel pipe we refer to is the yield limit when yielding occurs, and the stress against micro-plastic deformation. When the force is greater than this limit, the part will permanently fail and cannot be recovered.
The external factors affecting the yield strength of seamless carbon steel pipes are: temperature, strain rate, and stress state. As the temperature decreases and the strain rate increases, the yield strength of the seamless steel pipe also increases, especially when the body-centered cubic metal is sensitive to temperature and strain rate, which will cause low-temperature embrittlement of the steel. The influence on the stress state is also very important. Although the yield strength is an essential index reflecting the intrinsic performance of the manufactured material, the yield strength is different due to different stress states.
Intrinsic factors affecting yield strength are: bond, organization, structure, and atomic nature. If we compare the yield strength of seamless carbon steel pipe metal with ceramics and polymer materials, we can see from it that the influence of bonding bonds is a fundamental problem.
Go here to learn more about " Mechanical Properties of Seamless Steel Tubes "
Spiral steel pipes (SSAW) and seamless steel pipes (SMLS) are relatively common pipes in life, and they are used in house decoration and construction. So what is the difference between spiral steel pipes and seamless steel pipes? Then let's find out about it.
What is a spiral steel pipe?
Spiral steel pipe (SSAW) is a spiral seam steel pipe made of strip steel coil as raw material, extruded at regular temperature, and welded by automatic double-wire double-sided submerged arc welding process. The spiral steel pipe sends the strip steel into the welded pipe unit, and after rolling by multiple rollers, the strip steel is gradually rolled up to form a round tube billet with an opening gap. Adjust the reduction of the extrusion roller to control the weld gap at 1~ 3mm, and make both ends of the welding port flush. The appearance of the spiral pipe has spiral welding ribs, which is caused by its processing technology.
What is seamless steel pipe?
Seamless steel pipe (SMLS) is a long strip of steel with a hollow section and no seams around it. It is made of steel ingot or solid tube blank by perforation, and then made by hot rolling, cold rolling or cold drawing. A large number of pipelines are used to transport fluids, such as pipelines for transporting oil, natural gas, gas, water and certain solid materials.
The difference between spiral steel pipe and seamless steel pipe:
1. Different production methods
The seamless steel pipe is made by heating and piercing the tube blank. It has no seams, and the material needs to be determined according to the requirements. The spiral steel pipe is made by heating and rotating the strip steel once, and the material needs to be changed according to the demand. It solves the problem that the seamless large-diameter pipe is not easy to manufacture.
2. Different fields of application
Seamless steel pipes are normally used in high temperature and high pressure fluids, while spiral steel pipes are usually used in fluids below 30 kg, and those with large diameters are used in medium and low pressure fluids. the
Seamless pipes are used in different parts according to different production standards, and are mainly used in industry. Spiral pipes are mainly used in low-pressure water delivery, heat and piling pipes, etc.
3. Different prices
Compared with seamless pipes, the price of spiral pipes is more economical.
Spiral pipes and seamless pipes are different in terms of processing technology, outer surface and usage. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. You can't blindly save costs without considering the actual use situation. You should choose the best according to your actual situation.
As we all know, large-diameter spiral steel pipes (SSAW) have a wide range of applications. They can be used in oil and gas pipelines, as well as in waterproofing and leakproofing of concrete structures such as sewage tanks, toilets and basements, among other applications. All in all, it has a wide range of applications, it can be used in many places, and many people are buying it. Due to the relatively large size of the product, manufacturers generally provide shipping services when purchasing. So, what are the precautions for storage and transportation of large-diameter spiral steel pipes?
1. Pipe packaging should be able to avoid loosening and damage during normal loading, unloading, transportation and storage.
2. If the buyer has special requirements for the packaging material and packaging method of the spiral steel pipe, it should be indicated in the contract; if not indicated, the packaging material and packaging method shall be selected by the supplier.
3. Packaging materials should meet relevant regulations. If no packaging material is required, it should meet the intended use and avoid waste and environmental pollution.
4. If the customer requires that the large-diameter spiral pipe should not have damage such as bumps on the surface, it can be considered to use a protective device between the pipes. The protective device can use rubber, hemp rope, fiber cloth, plastic, pipe cap and so on.
5. Thin-walled products can use tube support or tube outer frame protection measures. The material of the bracket and the outer frame is selected from the same steel material as the pipe material.
6. It is generally stipulated that large-diameter spiral pipes should be packed in bulk. If the customer requires bundling, it can be considered as appropriate, but the caliber must be between 159MM and 500MM. The bundled materials should be packed and clamped with steel belts, and each strand should be twisted into at least two strands, and should be appropriately increased according to the outer diameter and weight of the pipe to avoid loosening.
7. Products of fixed length may not be bundled.
8. If there are threaded buckles at both ends of the pipe, it should be protected by a thread protector. Brush lubricating oil or anti-rust agent on the thread. The two ends of the pipe are opened, and the nozzle protectors can be added at both ends according to the requirements.
9. If the large-diameter spiral pipe is put into the container, the container should be covered with soft moisture-proof devices such as textile cloth and straw mat. In order to prevent the pipe from being scattered in the container, it can be bundled or welded with a protective bracket outside it.
Husteel Industry Group is a leading seamless pipe and welded pipe manufacturer & supplier serving diverse industries with multiple types, grades, diameters and lengths of pipe.